Thursday, April 29, 2010

Art & Illustration: Amy Ruppel

I stumbled upon the work of Oregon resident, illustrator and artist Amy Ruppel today, and couldn't wait to share her work with you. She creates paintings using wax, paper and oils on wood, and favours a subject matter that celebrates the flora and fauna that surround her. Amy's series of works based on the birds, bugs and animals of our fair states really is just beautiful. Soft colours and simple silhouettes embellished with delicate linear details. Forgive my bias, but my choices reflect my state of Vermont on this one.

State Animals...

Vermont, White Tailed Deer

State Birds...
Vermont, Hermit Thrush

State Insects...

Vermont, Monarch Butterfly

Amy's State series are all original paintings, and many are currently sold, but you can snap up a print of any of them for a snip at just $20 each. Visit Amy's etsy shop to see what she has in stock, or fire off an email to request your chosen state.

"Clever One" Print



Artwork for the Vermont Cheesemakers Festival 2009 poster, held at Shelburne Farms, Vermont (killing me with the cuteness of those hearts on the animals, and the folk art details to this poster!). Love it.

I am so glad I found this poster, as it prompted me to learn more about this event. This year's Cheese Festival will be held on Sunday July 25th 2010 and by the looks of things this is a cheese-fest not to be missed (obligatory booze tastings feature too). Tickets are limited and sell out fast, so don't delay. Marked in my calendar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails