Friday, May 28, 2010

Music to my ears.

I am going to drop in here with a little music therapy for your weekend. I tend to stick to more visual content, but in this case I just couldn't pass up the chance to tell you all about the new album "I'll Get Around To It" by Carrie Wicks.

Let me say right off the bat, Carrie is family. That said, she is also a supremely talented Jazz singer who has just released her debut album through OA2 Records. This extraordinary achievement has been years in the making, and Carrie worked tirelessly to assemble the best musicians and talent to help her achieve her musical goal.

She has a passion for her art that explodes from her work "with a wonderful feel for the beat, adept phrasing and a hush in her voice, (she) can make you fall for her". Take a moment to read the rest of her very first (and fabulous) review and you will most definitely want more. Have a listen to the album here. The bio from her record company puts it perfectly... "Her tone puts to mind the perfect glass of earthy, red wine coupled with the most luxurious piece of dark chocolate at the end of a long day." You've got to love that!

It is soulful, sweet and sassy, and I promise you will love it. Bravo Carrie! Huge props to you. x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails