Saturday, July 3, 2010

Endurance...

"Never, Ever Give Up" Print by The Love Shop

If you are reading this at any point today, up until about 5pm EST, my brother Al and his friend Dave will be making their way around the perimeter of the Isle of Wight. I can barely get my head around the enormity of this challenge, 75 miles in one day (roughly 3 marathons if you will!)....needless to say they are two hard core guys! Dubbed "Run with the Sun" for one simple reason, running from dawn 'til dusk. Ouch!

This is being done to raise money for the Anthony Nolan Trust, a charity dedicated to Leukemia research and promoting successful bone marrow matches. Read more about the run and how the boys have prepared for this day, on 10Engines.

So, this is to cheer them on in their run today, but I know they need little reminding to never, ever give up. It is not the kind of thought that would cross their minds. I salute you boys! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails