Wednesday, August 18, 2010

D is for Design

My love of design has led me to paths I never thought I would travel on. This blog for a start, embarking on a huge change of direction in moving to the States and pursuing a new career are just some of those paths. I have been passionate about clever, beautiful and functional design for as long as I can remember and the first design house that really caught my eye was that of Alessi, the "Italian Design Factory". Their philosophy of design is to make every day objects fun, functional and beautiful, above all to affect the user in a positive way. Simply put, to make you happy. Now how could you argue with that?

Here are my all time favourite Alessi pieces...

Anna G Corkscrew


Anna Sparkling Champagne Cap


Mary Biscuit Biscuit Box



Michael Graves Kettle

I should file these under "I for Iconic".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails