Thursday, December 10, 2009

JAPANESE WASHI TAPE

Have you heard about Japanese Washi Masking Tape? Forget the boring cream masking tape that we all know. This stuff comes in all colours and patterns, making it perfect for all manner of craft projects and daily use. Washi is Japanese rice paper, in tape form it can be torn by hand and is totally removable and re-usable, making it versatile and cost effective.The fabulous Holly from Decor8 posted a little DIY project to decorate picture frames with this tape, here. I can't wait to try it.
As always, you don't have to look any further than Etsy for the best variety of this tape. Why not start here. I took the liberty of choosing my favourites from the following shops.


Little Happy Things


Love Petit Zakka Japan

There really is almost too much choice but I can't wait to dive in and start my collection!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioned my "little happy things". I love these tapes and that's why I tried to bring some to my store and hope more people can have them and enjoy them. I have my own collection too. Can't wait to see what you can do with these tapes! You can email me your project and I will be happy to share them on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with these tapes. I can use them everywhere and on anything! I got mine from a store called littlehappythings1 on Etsy. They are new but their price is reasonable and the owner is very sweet to deal with. If anyone is interested, you should check:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/littlehappythings1
    I am gonna buy some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shipping rate is great - free shipping is even better!! I love this one!!!!

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/PrettyTape

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails