Monday, April 12, 2010

JUDGING A BOOK BY IT'S COVER

The saying really is true...that you shouldn't, obviously! It is a sure fire way to miss out on some fantastic experiences and generally limit your exposure to wonderful things and people in life. BUT...when it comes to the presentation and packaging of something, it can be hard to resist choosing a product when the box/colour/pattern/label really appeals, overriding the relative merits or necessity of the item.

With this in mind, I thought I would pick out some booze for you, based on the visual appeal alone. Don't get me wrong, I would consider myself to be a very discerning drinker as it was my job for over 15 years...well the drinking part was an added bonus (not strictly required in the restaurant biz but it would be like a vegan working in a butcher's, not exactly a cozy fit). I know my fair bit about wine, beer and spirits and can see past the glitz when it comes to choosing a quality drink, but I am only human!

Here are some picks for drinks I wouldn't walk past on the liquor store shelf...


...And a couple that would have my bro parting with his hard earned cash I would suspect!


Now, surely it is Beer O'Clock?

(All items found by trawling the most fabulous, The Dieline)

3 comments:

  1. It is 1:55pm and I am craving for some wine now. Lol. Great blog!!
    www.dezign-daze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I was seriously struggling not to crack open a bottle when putting this together! Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a sucker for great packaging, I would totally buy the wine based on that fabulous label.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails