Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Truly, Madly, Deeply...

I have to admit this. I am obsessed with the work of Jessica Hische, a freelance typographer and illustrator working out of Brooklyn, New York. I have featured her work here before (and again just yesterday in fact) and first discovered Jessica's talent through her Daily Drop Cap project. In it she has created beautiful unique lettering for you to use on your own blog, just by copying and inserting the relevant html code for each letter. What a giving girl, and an awesome idea! I used it here.

A selection of Daily Drop Caps.

I have mentioned before, that Jessica has a font named Buttermilk that is my front runner for future logo, branding-type style. Not only do I love the name, but the font style has a girly edge without being overtly feminine. Perfect!

Can't resist Buttermilk either? Buy it here.

In actual fact, I would sell my soul, and that of each of my family members for a chance to have Ms Hische design my brand identity. Hopefully, it won't come to that, and one day soon my wish will come true in a more conventional manner, but you have been warned!

This logo she designed for German Deli Ruhland & Ruhland, has pretty much all of my own desires for my logo, a vintage vibe with classic styling but still retaining a contemporary feel.
You can get a great sense of the girl and her work on her website, and read up on how she got to where she is now, here. Nice Tat, by the way. That is true typography love!

Jessica seems to be able to put her design hand to anything, and shares her varied and prolific work for individual clients, major publications and magazines, as well as retail stores, on her website. Some of her design portfolio includes work that she did whilst working with Louise Fili at Louise Fili Ltd. Love their stuff too! Here are my favourites.

The Patisseries of Paris Book Cover and interior ribbon detail.

For The Kitchen, Sticker Set

Logo and illustrations for the Culinary Culture Foodie Website. Make sure you browse around and enjoy more of Jessica's work on this site.

Cover for the Boston Globe Magazine, The Makeover Issue.

Truly fabulous stuff. If you want a piece of your own Jessica Hische work, visit her shop and snap something up. I have my eye on this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails