Tuesday, August 24, 2010

H is for Handmade

It just couldn't be anything else could it? The fundamental inspiration for this blog is my utter admiration for the handmade movement, the people who have carved out their unique niches and the glorious array of beautiful things they create.

If you haven't read the book Handmade Nation: The Rise of DIY, Craft and Design or seen the documentary that inspired it, then do it...NOW. It is an inspiring and energizing look at some of the very best in the handmade movement.

I have tried my hand at various handmade projects, the results of which I have posted here as part of my Handmade Therapy series on Apothecary Fox.

Framed Fabric gives an instant and ever changing splash of colour and design to any space...


Ukranian Pysanky eggs, delicately etched to create intricate patterns...


Inspiration boards to capture your thoughts, dreams and inspirations...


Floral displays that express personal character and compliment the rustic feel of an event...

But I am not a professional by any means, just an enthusiast and I love to support handmade whenever possible hence my Etsy infatuation. You see, when you buy handmade you are not only getting a unique item to treasure, but you are directly supporting an individual in their pursuit of their own passion and that is a truly satisfying thing. So go on, Buy Handmade today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails