Friday, November 19, 2010

Artist Spotlight: Kiki and Polly

The work of Lisa Golightly (don't you just love that "Breakfast at Tiffany's" name?), is beautiful, thought provoking and ethereal. Working under the name Kiki and Polly, Lisa creates subtle yet striking portraits and images that invoke childhood memories, instantly taking you back to a nostalgic time of innocence, wonder, joy and intrigue. Her work often allows you to set the context of the image, and invokes a sense of wistfulness. We can literally see ourselves or our children in her creations, where you can fill in the context and detail for yourself. Read more here.




Girl at the Swings

I took many things away from my years as an Art History major at college and one thing that I always held true is that your own personal perception of an image is one of the most valid and forceful elements in your appreciation of a piece. We want to feel an emotional connection to an image and often that is an intense impulse when you find a picture that really speaks to you. For me, Lisa's work invokes that kind of feeling and I can lose myself in her images.

For the perfect personalised Christmas gift, why not have a custom sketch created by Lisa. Visit her website for more information.

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for your kind words about my work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails