Monday, November 15, 2010

Retail Therapy: Practical Pretties

If you are like me, you will be looking for a new season Winter coat or boots right about now. Actually, you probably already have that on lock down. Thanks to my stellar purchases from L.L.Bean last year (a down coat and pair of shearling lined Bean Boots) I really do not have an excuse to buy anything new for the next 20 years. But a girl can look, right? Here's what is catching my eye this fall/winter season, for that practical purchase that ticks the swoon box too.

From Sorel...
1964 Premium™ Boots in a gorgeous rich plummy color (cinder). You can't beat patent in my book.

Tivoli™ Boots in a classic houndstooth check.

Tivoli™ Slip Boot (the pinstripe/ticking fabric pays homage to the work uniform of the fabulously iconic, Rosie the Riveter). Don't you just love the "brogue" detail at the front of the toe?
Don't make me choose between these two colors. I want both!

From Joules...taking a major chunk of inspiration from Barbour.
The Byland quilted jacket in Saddle (I have a weakness for this style of jacket, beloved of the British upper class and the Eurotrash set). The floral lining is a beautiful twist.


The Chase wax jacket in Saddle again (this is a decidedly horsey clothing line!). Love the subtle femininity of this take on a classic British staple.

Sperry Top-sider/J.Crew Tweed Buffalo Check Shearwater Boots (heritage/collaboration pieces like this can often disappoint, but here there are so many reasons for this to be right). Steep price tag though...

Damn my long lasting, hard wearing, lifetime guaranteed, sensible purchases last year. I would love to own any of these....surely I can justify another pair of boots?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails