Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Do you believe in Angels?

What started out as a random and cute stocking stuffer, has sparked my intrigue further. Have you ever heard of Sonny Angel? They are tiny doll figurines with the motto "He May Bring The Happiness To You!?". Basically, these insanely cute little plastic figurines are based on the Kewpie Doll in overall design (with the slightly odd addition of genitals....I am choosing to ignore that fact due to the redeemingly cute angel wings). This instantly recognisable image is embellished with some form of head gear ranging from heads/hats imitating animals, fruits, vegatables, crowns and other themes. The kicker is that each boxed doll in the relevant edition is completely random and unknown in it's detail. Will you get a kiwi or pineapple, a lion or a hippo? A lucky dip if you will. OK, it is way too hard to describe and I have had no luck getting much background on these little critters (of Thai, or atleast Asian origin), so have a look for yourself.

The Fruit Series....
The Vegetable Series...
The Animal Series...

The Crown Series...
I know, cute right? I don't want to give myself too much of a reputation for being a woman of a certain age who likes dolls, but I truly can't resist the cuteness of these little guys. Plus, I am always up for anything that promises happiness...Saying all that, I got the orange head guy and there is no fruit I detest more than oranges so I hate to think what that says about my future happiness.

(Images courtesy of Sonny Angel Thailand)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails